Tuesday, January 12, 2010

nothing's finished...

I did manage to finally take decent pictures of this lovely vest that I knit ages ago...





...the belt was a Christmas gift from a friend, and I think it works perfectly with my vest! It was a completely mindless knit (something I always love!), but I procrastinated like crazy on the seaming; mostly because that wacky little point thing was confusing me...so sad. Anyway, I now call this my elf sweater, and love it dearly. The pattern is from Norah Gaughan book 1 (from Berroco) and is called Kaino. If you want to knit for AGES and never have to think, this is the project for you! I used 5 skeins of Cascade 220 heathers; I'm slowly chipping away at the full bag that I bought on an insane impulse one day. Hooray!

I've been dyeing yarn like crazy, and have my little business up and running-for the most part. As soon as I get the first few skeins up on my Etsy store I'll post excitedly I am sure, but in the meanwhile you can only buy my yarn at the Naked Sheep. I have a lovely spread of yarn photos to post, but alas, left my camera at the shop this evening so I will leave you with these ADORABLE pics of my sweet pup Lucy...








...there was a little sofa type thing in the place of this table that she loved to sit under. When her little "cave" was moved she didn't know quite what to do, so she crammed herself under this tiny table instead! She had just cut her paw quite badly in this pic, so she is acting even more pathetic and hard-done-by.

OH! and I almost forgot! Thanks for the comment on my Tomten...I really love the way it came out, and feel that everyone should knit one! Serious!

1 comment:

  1. Love the vest! Have been coveting that one myself!

    And yes, Lucy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete