Monday, March 22, 2010

Wish I was still a sweater knitting fiend

I haven't given up on the the goal or anything, but man, the Featherweight is such a bummer to knit! Its making me crazy. I was doing just fine until I got to the sleeves; my yarn is so light, and my needles so heavy that everything flops! I've tried wooden DPNs (epic ladders), magic looping with addi lace (too much cord, and too grippy) and have finally settled on a 16" circ. I just want it to be done!

It looks amazing though, and I think I'm going to love the sweater when its done, I just don't want to touch any lace weight yarn for a long long time, or perhaps ever again...no that's too extreme. At the moment I have the body finished, I put a little moss stitch edging on it that is quite cute. The first sleeve is almost finished, so its just one more sleeve and a buttonband to go! My motivation is the aran weight sweater that is next on my list. I think I'll knit Forecast by Stephanie Japel. I've wanted to knit this sweater for a really long time, and I'm thinking that my new Dream in Colour Classy will do the job quite well. I have 5 skeins of the Black Parade colourway that I absolutely love!


I haven't allowed myself to cast on for Forecast just yet, but I have noticed that I'm working on other non-sweater WIPs in an attempt to avoid knitting on my Featherweight...

...My Squirrel Sampler mittens, for example...





...I'm knitting them in Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply. And am in love with the pattern and yarn.

and have been spinning quite a bit lately. I finally managed to finish the huge heap of Alpaca with a Twist fiber (which is a little funny, considering that it had no twist when I bought it..tee hee). I haven't set the twist yet, or measured yardage, but I think I'll knit a lacy triangle once I get around to knitting this. It turned out great; super soft and fluffy.




Hopefully when I return I'll have happier sweater news. Until then, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment