Tuesday, July 7, 2009

i'm a jerk

Despite my many vows to post at least once a week, here I am, after almost an entire month! I think I'll start sending myself reminders on my phone or something...I wonder if I can even figure out how to do that?!

Either way, here I am, and I have some knitting updates for you. I think that my lack of posting motivation has been linked to the serious knitting slump I entered not long ago. Remember how excited I was about my Paper Dolls sweater? I do. Well, it's pretty much finished, but I think I'm going to have to rip out the ENTIRE YOKE! That's right. At the moment I have a perfectly lovely looking yoke, but when I put it on there is a tonne of extra fabric that bunches up all over the front. Now, it may smooth out when it's blocked, or maybe this is just the way the sweater fits, but I'm not happy about it. My plan is to take it into knit night tomorrow and get a few more opinions. Here is a crummy photo of what I'm up against...does it look too lumpy?



After the Paper Dolls crisis, I lost interest in most of my other projects. I didn't even want to spin! Just this week my knitting mojo began to return; I've been knitting a super-fun sock, but unfortunately it's a bit of a secret, so I have to wait to show you! Luckily, the secret sock has brought back my love of sock knitting, and I'm already planning more socks!

The only thing not affected by my knitting slump was yarn buying...so sad. My latest acquisitions are 2 more skeins of Koigu and a skein of Tanis pink label (lace) in her stormy colourway, So pretty!





Today, I have set up my little dyeing studio in the kitchen. I'm hoping to get through a few batches, but with just one dye pot, that it proving to be quite tricky! At the moment, 200 grams of a sport weight single ply from Briggs and Little is cooling outside. I think they are going to come out an amber-y colour, which is just fine with me.

that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I love your paper dolls! The colours are wonderful. I don't think it looks too lumpy in your pic, but in my experience, if it's bothering you just rip it now. I've had too many less-than-perfect projects haunt me!

    ReplyDelete