Friday, April 3, 2009

Rainy day Love

Its a very soggy day here in Toronto, and I am taking advantage of the opportunity to sip coffee and stay cozy and dry inside my little apartment. I love rainy days, I think because of their light; the sun is nowhere to be seen in the sky, but a bright cool glow illuminates everything. I LOVE it! This affection for gray skies and soggy weather can surely be attributed to my love of gray. I think that everything looks better with a wash of gray over it, and the world outside is no exception.

Having spent most of my time inside today I had the opportunity to admire some of my favourite things inside my apartment, I thought that I'd share a few of them here...



This was in my parent's garage for years...the colour is beautiful, and I love that its so old and ratty looking...




If there is a single person out there that does not love a good tin ceiling, they are crazy! Oh, and that "curtain" is a He Man bed sheet...



A very out of date National Geographic world map that came from my grandparent's basement. This thing is huge, and has a dignified spot on the wall above the couch...


Another treasure from my grandparent's house. This is an old Hudson's Bay booklet, the illustrations are awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment