Thursday, July 22, 2010

one more WIP

I've cast on another non-sweater knit. Loosing self control!

I've wanted to knit Laura Chau's lovely over the knee socks for quite some time now. And just the other night, I finally caved and cast on in my sock yarn. I was totally inspired by these lovelies...odd, because I don't usually like red...



Anyway, I'm knitting my pair in Marigold and the toes and heels will be Nut Brown. The colour combo is so lovely, and I'm really looking forward to the miles of stocking stitch ahead of me; I love brainless knitting!

I also manages to take some finished pics of my new hat...











...The last photo is the original hat, and the rest are my reproduction. I love it! Think I'll knit another in a fingering weight yarn perhaps...
I forgot to mention last time that this hat is officially known as my Coureurs de Bois hat. A very cunning friend told me once that I looked like a Coureurs de Bois in my favourite hat. I took this as just about the highest compliment one can receive and have ever since referred to it as such. So maybe my reproduction has to be names Coureurs de Bois #2?

Happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment