Thursday, July 15, 2010

and I'm back!

well, I never actually left...just neglected the blog for a couple weeks. Sorry folks!

First off, I just posted a small update the the Etsy shop! Mostly sock yarn in some very fun colours (I think). I've been in a bit of a neutral place lately, but still could not resist a bit more orange. I'm still getting used to my new "job" (really doesn't feel like one) so please bear with me. My plan for the very near future includes much more frequent shop updates!

Check out this incredibly exciting news! My Silky Dk yarn, a 50/50 blend of superwash merino and silk, was featured in the latest Knitty roundtable! And they liked it, WOO HOO, YAY, HOORAY! You'll have to scroll down just a bit to find me, but I'm there. What fun, thanks to Amy and Kate and Jenn and Miko...and of course all the lovely people who liked my yarn!

Speaking of my new favourite yarn, I've been trying to pick a project for six skeins worth. The colourway is "mushroom" and I'm kinda in love with it. Should I knit a jumbo swallowtail? Another sweater (I might be loosing steam on my 12 sweaters plan...just maybe), who knows?




I don't really have any big knitting news to share. It seems that I've been knitting little bits and bobs on my many WIPs, but not finishing a single thing. I'm certain that this means I have to much on the go, but am choosing to ignore that and continue casting on with vigour! The lovely gray sweater that I talked about last time has stalled out...serious frustrations getting the eyelets on the back and front to line up.

The one thing that I have started and finished is a little birthday gift for my mother. I finally knit a shetland triangle (a pattern that I have admired for so long). I really think that this is one of those magical patterns that makes just about any yarn look good. It is also simple enough that it can be knit in a pretty bold yarn and not detract from the yarn's awesomeness. Fact. So the yarn I chose is the cone of Habu Tsumugi Silk lace that I picked up at this year's Knitter's Frolic. This yarn is amazingly beautiful! I'm going to block it tonight, so hopefully I'll have some pretty finished pictures by the weekend!





until then, here are a few progress shots.

2 comments:

  1. That yarn is to dye for. You are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. emily, I'm knot kidding, your work is kniffty.
    nate

    ReplyDelete